Locations of visitors to this page

:: Wishlist ::

in no particular order :)
1. GREEN iPod mini
2. GREEN lava lamp
3. black kenneth cole leather shoes
4. my first suit
...more to follow...

:: Mood ::

:: Song of the Moment ::

Video code provided by Music Video Codes

:: Shout box ::

:: Am I online? ::


:: Recent Posts ::

:: Friend's Blogs ::

: Julito
: Wayne Dell
: Monica
: Wenyi
: Ailing
: Jiing
: Timmo
: Edmund
: Janet
: Shilei
: Thenuga
: Taufik
: Paul
: Howard
: Candy
: Paulo
: Styx
: NicFoo
: Wayne
: Val
: Robinson
: Raffy/a>
:
The Pageman

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle


:: About me ::

: Archie Dugenio Monte
: 20
: Filipino
: E-mail
: NUS

:: Archives ::

June 01, 2005

"...we few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS..."

I've finally finished watching Band of Brothers. And man was it good! Cinematography, screenplay, script (although one or two eps are a little too boring for me...not much fighting going on)...

Anyways, what started off as a one time thing triggered a whole new interest in this series... I used to wonder so much why they've won so many awards (6Emmys...congrats HBO, a little late, but nevertheless.) Now I know... just fantastic...and this is one of those films that educates you in history (yeah, i don't know much about what happened in WWII, who what where and when all things happened...haha...never had the drive and interest on the subject...shame) As I was saying it's one of those films that will teach you history and never get bored. The way they reacted to seeing the first concentration camp they have discovered...today we all know the horrors of what happened in those camps... but seeing how they depicted the reactions of those who saw it for the first time... it's moving... Sometimes we take what had happened in the past for granted...man, that scene gave me the chills...

Learned military tactics too (even the order of their rankings...as I followed Maj Winter's journey to the top)

There are three characters in the series that I really indentify with...

1. Doc Roe... one of the three company medics... his readiness in the battlefield... running accross the field to attend to the wounded while others take cover and fire their rifle from a safer position... somehow, he dodged those bullets and bomb shells... he was just really steadfast in executing his work... firm but never loses that calming touch that many of his comrades desperately needed at those critical times... there was one ep that he was the narrator (Ep6:Bastogne) and it just explored his side of the story and how he too faces his weakes moments but at the same time have to collect himself together and attend to his brothers.

2. David Webster... I really like his contemplative nature (being a writer at heart)... just that calmness in him even during battle... there was also an episode when he was the narrator (Ep8:The Patrol...one of the less eventful eps but nevertheless just as good... I dont know how to quite put why I identify with his character... another time maybe...

3. And of course the legendary... Major Richard Winters... his dedication to his company, his drive and passion to excel, his steadfast leadership, lightning fast instincts (always did Ecompany good), and his loyalty to his brothers... those are just his qualities that I do admire... You guys should just watch to know... he's one of the main characters in the series appearing in all the episodes (i think)

Well, what's really captivating about this series is how real it has captured the emotions and actions of the scenes... like I always felt the chaos when they're getting bombed with shells or when a soldier breaks down or when they've finally won the war... And most importantly, the brotherhood of the EASY COMPANY... such bond (well who wouldn't after experiencing all those)... it's just amazing...
quoting from the movie...taken from Henry V by shakespere...

"...(we) shall ne'er go by from this day until the ending of the world but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother..."


Im happy to have my own band of brothers... to you guys... I have known you all two or three years (much like the easy company huh? hehe)... and fought through thick and thin... I just wanna take this time (exploit the mushiness of the post...haha this series is just inspiring) to tell you guys that it has been my greates honour serving, fighting and living along side you guys... My life has become richer by knowing you all... :) todo na to!!! hehe Thanks guys!

Anyways, Im gonna have to end here first... need to get some rest. I'll post about my brothers next time and probably put some pictures :)

I love BAND OF BROTHERS!!! Go and Watch!!!

Archie ... out!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Designed By FsDesigns