Locations of visitors to this page

:: Wishlist ::

in no particular order :)
1. GREEN iPod mini
2. GREEN lava lamp
3. black kenneth cole leather shoes
4. my first suit
...more to follow...

:: Mood ::

:: Song of the Moment ::

Video code provided by Music Video Codes

:: Shout box ::

:: Am I online? ::


:: Recent Posts ::

:: Friend's Blogs ::

: Julito
: Wayne Dell
: Monica
: Wenyi
: Ailing
: Jiing
: Timmo
: Edmund
: Janet
: Shilei
: Thenuga
: Taufik
: Paul
: Howard
: Candy
: Paulo
: Styx
: NicFoo
: Wayne
: Val
: Robinson
: Raffy/a>
:
The Pageman

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns

:Pictures By Layoutstyle


:: About me ::

: Archie Dugenio Monte
: 20
: Filipino
: E-mail
: NUS

:: Archives ::

August 11, 2005

Home...sweet...sweet...home

Im Home!!!

I thank god for bringing me back safely. The day was a pretty interesting day for me. Having to travel all the way back home alone is quite a good opportunity to just think and reflect.

As many know, I flew with tiger airways this morning. And we alighted at clark-diosdado macapagal airport in Pampanga. That's a good 3hrs (no traffic jam) from my house. Plane touched down at around 1030am. I slept through most of the 3.5hrs or so of the flight.Thus I don't hav emuch to say about services of budget airlines. I woke up when the pilot announced that we would begin the final touch down. Saw - for a good 20min - just immaculately white clouds and then when we were lower just acres and acres of green fields... the view above Pampanga is alot better than the view above Mandaluyong (where the major airlines land in Manila)

Through out the journey, I just soaked myself again with the Philippine culture. Taking in as much as my senses could. This time around though, it's just different. I am still a tad irritated with a few of the stuff, but this time around...I jsut felt this feeling of love for my country again. Despite all the problems I see, hear, smell and feel everywhere...i saw hope. This time around, not just for myself and my family. A lot of Filipinos have that mentality now..."I just gotta get out of this rut myself, probably take my family with me...forget the philippines...it's far too broken for repair"...that's an attitude that I realised I had for a good part of my stay in Singapore. I realised, however cliche'd, that if one person starts to act differently, at least there's one...did that make sense? Pastor Steve or Pastor Rice said this...the only way for evil to flourish is for the righteous ones to keep quiet...applying the same thing...as long as there's one..philippines will come through this!!! And whoelse would make sure that there's at least one but myself right???

I love my country.

I grew up here man! Just this afternoon while me and my mom was waiting for my youngest sister outside her school (which happens to be my alma mater as well)...I heard the ice cream man approach so went to him to buy some. Lo and behold...he was the same guy that my other sister and I used to buy ice cream from almost everyday when we were young...only now he seemed greyer...old physically...but somehow he still had that same spirit that he had when he sold a cone or two to me and my sister more than a decade ago... He saw me and said that Im "binata na" (young man coming out of age)... this and several other things that happened today made me reflect on my roots again. And boy, was I nostalgic..ahaha but that's another post.

Im just really glad to be spending time with my mom and sisters...I have yet to see my dad coz he's out somewhere...probably when i get back home later.

Thank you god for your blessings and plans for me!!!

I admit...I am missing everyone I know there in Singapore. Thank you guys so much for all your support and prayers. Keep coming back here to read my updates! Love you guys!

Archie...out !


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Designed By FsDesigns